Sunday 10 February 2008

Slum Survivor


Hi guys,
I can't sleep =P Ok I'm suddenly really excited for slum survivor =D You see, yesterday, well two days ago once it's past midnight, I realised how cold the air can actually get in malta at night (very, very cold =P). I was at work and the host stand is close to the door so whenever anyone opens the door, a gast of utterly freezing cold wind just swept by me and I couldn't exactly go and put on my jacket haha. Well, that made me think about the upcoming weekend. You see, if we get wet- tough! And if we get sick- tougher!! *glee* it's going to be such fun =P Basically, what we're going to be doing is just living on baystreet terrace and facing challanges in order to 'survive', following a diet of one or two cups of rice a day and being deprived of all comforts. There is always going to be, like a great grey cloud looming above our heads, the risk of our shack being torn down. In doing this, we hope to open people's eyes to poverty all over the world as well as fund raise for an orphange in Kenya and obviously get closer to each other and to Jesus =D Oh and the photo of the guy in the tent thing is something like what we're going to be living in.

There's only one con in the whole idea; we know that we're going to go back to living a normal life, with a warm bed and food and showers (God, I'm going to miss being clean =P) by sunday evening, but these guys who really do live in slums, all one BILLION of them, don't have that consolence (oh my, I forgot how to spell that =/)
Well guys, maybe I should go back up and try to get some shut eye =)
Good night and God bless you all

Oh and here's the flyer.. I don't have a picture of the banner (which is way cooler but oh well)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI rachel :) i think what you are doing is amazing, i really admire you for it. Keep it up xxx