Saturday 23 February 2008

evil vs evil?


Hi guys.
Ok I apologise for the very trivial post before haha, but it was something that's been going around in my head and like "I'm an honest person" =P
I also want to make this clear:
I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE IN THE FOLLOWING TEXT. I WILL NOT JUDGE OR IGNORE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THEIR VIEWS. I AM ENTITLED TO MY OWN OPINION AS IS EVERYONE ELSE.. that's about it =)
So, the day before yesterday I was on the bus home and I was thinking (my substitute for reading) and, obviously, the idea of politics and elections came into my head. Now I'm really not into the whole politics thing (apart from at school because I could actually vote and it was quite funny haha *viva pulse* yeaah we won =P) for a couple of reasons that I personally think make sense.
1. I can't vote for the next 5 years =P
2. When the time comes, I will vote for the party that will do the best for the island and, for the time being, will not associate myself with being a nationalist or a laborite.
3. It's evil vs evil!
Coming from a family that are quite into politics (that's almost an understatement- my dad's been phoning all the people that he knows who live abroad to make sure that they come down to vote >.<) I am going to be very open minded and say.. I HATE POLITICS =P
Ok, maybe that's not considered as open minded (at all) and maybe not hate, but dislike the idea.. Think about it, political parties are groups of people who like, fight. That's it. Yes they may be doing good for the country and of course we need a government, but what's the whole fuss about? Think about the 'dark ages of malta', so many deaths, so many accidents, and I'm afraid that this is going to happen all over again =\ With one party insulting and blaming the other obviouslyt fights are going to break out and I'm sure that the last thing we want is to end up facing a civil war. I just wish that everyone would just vote and, whether their party loses or wins, live life normally. Fine, I must confess that the celebrations are hilarious and great fun =P
It's been 5 years since we've joined the european union and won the elections and yes, the country has moved forward- a lot! Though is such conflict needed? What we're actually doing when we vote is voting for the better of evils (which is a good thing =P pretty confusing huh?) and in doing so, doing the best for our little dot in the mediterranean sea =)
So guys, before you offend someone who doesn't have the same political views as you, before you make fun of a party (a supporter may be standing near you) and before you decide what is 'good' and 'bad'- think! We're all just people who want the best but we can't decide. Sorry if I confused anyone and I repeat- I don't mean to have offended anyone.
God bless you =P (He's the only one you can really trust haha =D)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, look here

maria angela said...

you kno rache, i was reflecting on this politics thing too and well i amen u totally!!! what i hate is that we make this thing, that must supposedly be postive for the country, turn into a negative thing and use it to hurt others =/ God blss matie xxx

Rachel said...

I'm right with you on the lesser of two evils thing. What I especially hate is all those adverts where instead of promoting themselves, all they do is diss the other parties. Since when does that make them seem better?