Tuesday 4 March 2008

*In The House* Y4J lenten talks 2008.. SUCESS!!

Hi guys, long time no post- sorry.
I know that I vowed to post at least twice a week but I was honestly really caught up with everything especially the lenten talks =) So here's a bit about last week..

Monday:

Wake up, go to school, go to my first lesson, get bored, meet sean, catch the bus, go to the church and help set up all day =P *oops* We all realy laughed and prayed and laughed some more. Add that with a decent amount of work and tadaaaaaa the church looks great and everything is in order (We started setting up on sunday at 4 [instead of 1] and I arrived at 6 cos I finished work late, and I got home at around half 12 at night! 'twas fun =P). The first lenten talk was great! I totally forgot the dance but that doesn't really matter haha but the lights were incredible, the sound was perfect, the talk was really motivating, the adoration was really relaxing and the praise was such fun! Room one was the hall (hence the picture =P). It was about coming in and putting down all of your burdens and getting ready to relax with God, just like what we do in our hallway (well, most of us haha) put your bags down, take off your jacket and get ready to relax..

Tuesday:

Woke up, got to school, went to all my lessons (haha kris!!) <- just had to say that haha back to lenten talks.. Day two was the living room. It's was basically like a forum. Yanike, hillary, daniel and jospeh sat on a sofa and fired questions at father ray. It was a really good discussion and quite an eye opener. Korin gave her testimony and really showed how God's in her life and helps her through everything no matter what!

Wednesday:

Day three was the kitchen (yummmmm spiritual food =D) It was all about filling ourselves with the stuff that's really good for us. In my case, a reminder about music and other stuff (no need to elaborate =P) We had quite the spiritual attack on wednesday, the sound system and lights decided that they didn't feel like working =P everyone was quite panicy but instead I just missed mass and went to pray in the chapel. I found the best verse for the situation "our God forever and ever will be our guide forever" Ps 48 (don't remember the line) Then when I went into the church I just got amy, marie claire, charelle and her brother (I think that's it, sorry if I'm forgetting anyone) to come together and pray.. Obviously God was faithful and everything worked =D What an awesome God *gleeeeee*

Thursday:

Day 4 was purification; the bathroom. Zoe,pete, matt, cara, amy, bev, kai and jean performed the lifehouse mime- INCREDIBLE!! It was so evident that they all did it in such intense prayer, so devoted! Well done guys; you were amazing =) The talk was slightly shorter and was about how we need to confess and start anew. Then the adoration was about an hour long because of confession (there were preists posted all around the church so that people could go and confess and in doing so, cleanse themselves. The adoration was really good, long, intense and full of meaning- great =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRWZhPb0pWw

Friday:

Day five was the bedroom, a place to rest. I wasn't there but I heard that it was really good and beppe gave his testimony. I havn't actually listened to the recorded talk yet (no time) but I will do so cos I was really upset to miss my first lenten talk in all of the four sets that I've been to =/

Saturday:

This just closed everything off. It was a mass so that we could all come together and celebrate the eucharist =) Then we dismantled everything and left the church at like half 11 haha!

I'm so so glad that everything went well =) Now we'll see what next year has for us and in the meantime, enjoy everything else that we have to prepare and organise =D
God bless you all! Oh, and keep praying ;)

2 comments:

^KaI^ said...

ah! d lenten talks were amazing :D hehe they were my 3rd set XD and they just keep getting better..but i think this yr i helped more than recieved :S weird ay? but anyhu!!! continue posting rache!! love u :P..n u didnt write bout ur day spent with achie n me xD

Amy said...

aaa rachee....you're so sweet nd informative =P i love you like a fat kid loves cakeee xxxxxxxxxxxx