Saturday 29 March 2008

bad day?


Hi guys.
Today's post is going to be slightly more serious then the last few- I'm not in the best of moods. I can't elaborate (especially on a blog) but here's a bit of yesterday that's really annoying me. I want to be a doctor. Now I can't become a doctor because I couldn't even get a 7 in chemistry paper B =| Now that's mega bad (GRAVI!) so I, no way in hell, could ever manage that Alevel and university. So I was waiting inside mater dei, and just wishing that I would be working in that kind of environment in, what, ten years? I don't know why, I really hate going to the doctor when I'm sick and all, but I'd love to be a doctor- especially in a hospital.
Let me give an impression of my emotions at that moment..
"hi dream job.. ..oh, well, bye dream job"
I felt and still do feel really bummed. That's not the only thing that's "depressing" me at the moment, but I'll let it be.
Well, apparently I wasn't the only one having a bad day. After work, I switched on my phone and received a message (well more than one, but this one is the important one). A message to pray for my friend because he/she were having a really shitty day. So I quietly prayed on my own whilst finishing off at hanks. And then, before I slept, I prayed for all the people having a shitty day- because I know what it feels like.
So when you're in the middle of a day that's really getting to you, pray. Pray not only for yourself but also for all the other people having a day just like yours, or maybe worse (or better). It helps to be a little selfless sometimes. Everyone has bad days, it's impossible to not have a bad day once in a while. Think about it, if we never had 'bad days' then we wouldn't be able to really appriciate the good days. We're only human guys, it's normal to feel like crap. I mean, if we never felt bad, then I'd be worried because that's not normal. Sadness and negative feelings are all emotions, they're there to be felt so that we can be able to distinguish between them.
So here it goes guys, once again, my point is PRAY!! Ah we need it so so much. Have faith, things will work out, no matter how bad they get and how horrible you may feel. Anything is possible with God, don't ever forget that.
God bless you guys, keep praying- it works!

3 comments:

Martine said...

Yes sis, we all get our bad days... you are so right about praying on a bad day... check this out. We all know Mother Teresa.. but do we all know that for half a century she could not feel God's presence? Those were her bad days... but she did not give up, she held on tight, and she prayed. The worse the day feels, the more we have to pray. This is a prayer we learnt at palermo, a prayer that helps me through my toughest days:
"Dear Jesus, help me to spread Thy fragrance everywhere I go. Flood my soul with Thy spirit and love. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Thine. Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Thy presence in my soul. Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus. Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be a light to others."

another powerful one is this:
"Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from the side of Christ, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within thy wounds hide me
Permit me not to be separated from thee
From the wicked foe defend me
At the hour of my death call me
And bid me come to thee
That with thy saints I may praise thee
For ever and ever. Amen."
Gbu sis and anyone who reads this
xxx

Pawluuu said...

Hey Gattieee,
Sorry to hear about your bad day =), haven't spoken to you since hike last week!
Well don't give up cus xD I'm sure if God WANTS you to be a doc some silly test won't get in the way xP ''Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world ?*2 Cor sumwer*'',

Come on Rache,we're Gatts we shall not give up hehe,
If you need anything u know wer to find me.

Your loving 4th cousin, Hopefully see you Satty,
Pawlu
xD xxx
*Prayin for ya*

Mmmmm i found so many bible quotes that you might want to look at but i know sometimes they just frustrate you more *so read at will xD*

Psalm 48:14
14 For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end.
-------------

(Acts 7:9) But God was with him 10and rescued him from all his troubles. He gave Joseph wisdom and enabled him to gain the goodwill of Pharaoh king of Egypt
---------

Exodus 4:10
Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."

11 The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? 12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

----------
Phil 4:13:
Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am
(more commonly known as: 13 For I can do everything through Christ, ho gives me strength]

Anonymous said...

Find bargains for the family at local garage sales. This removes mold,
dirt, fungi or other debris from entering the home. This keeps your unit from having to work so hard to heat the water.



Also visit my homepage :: nest learning thermostat