Tuesday 11 August 2009

soul survivor.. less =(


Hello world.

So, believe it or not, it's the second time I'm blogging today, this time from dan's room.. Amazingly shiny key board.. IT'S AWESOME =D And the blue lights range from off, on, on-er (brighter =P)



So, this is a "sadness" post.. Soul Survivor tomorrow, and I'm not going to be there =(
For the last two years it's been the landmark which defines a year to me. Not a birthday, not Christmas, not new year's eve; Soul Survivor. By far the most incredible experience of my life, twice over. And this year, I'll be at work during the morning seminars and meeting on thursday and friday and the evening meeting and grande night at mr boogies or cafe uno or celluloid or underground or dreggs or just maybe even sitting around on a bench will be replaced for a saturday night shift.. sadness.
I know I should be thankful for having gone twice, for having one time paid for me and for having the opportunity to have gone more than once, but I can't explain how I'm truly feeling other than so disappointed and hollow.

I want to go back.

It's the place, the people, the seminars, the atmosphere.. the WORSHIP. The feeling of freedom that's so overwhelming you have no clue what to expect out of the Spirit and yourself. Nothing short of unity between God and His people.
Beautiful.
So deep, so cleansing. Literally a whole new world.

But honestly, the only thing I can really do is remember all the grand times last year and the year before brought.. My daily dose of milky buttons, milkshakes and diet coke.. The times we've qued for the shower. The diversity seen in all different types of people. Shopping. Meeting some seriously WACKO people such as the crazy Christian rapper, batman and robbin, Josh =D Not to mention the amazing speakers and singers- STARFIELD!! Having a huge crush on james hunter t-shirt man, getting interviewed by podcasts.. TENTS =D hehe hearing about and actually seeing slum survivor for the first time. The constant sight and smell of green and rain. The little lake and the ducks.. PENGUIN MAN, and the streaking guitar dude XD. Meeting kurt and jordan and reuniting with kurt last year. The pile ups, the crazy activities, the mud - THE WELLIES =D wow, the list is everlasting =|

But I'll shut up right about now..

God has a plan for all of us, Soul Survivor was not for me this year. It's ok, there are so many other times I can pack up and go in the future.. So I must keep smiling.. =) .. <-- There =P

Also, must keep praying for everyone up there, especially those flying to get there, may they all be safe. I really hope, actually, I know that everyone will come back with their own different experiences and ideas, but I just hope that everyone makes the very most out of it.. It truly is a life changing experience =)

That's all I guess..

God bless you all.. Missing you so very much, soul survivor.

7 comments:

Matti said...

I can relate. Seriously.

Chrissy said...

i'm sad too =[
ahh remember last year on the last day when we finally found really warm showers? :)
*sniff*

LG said...

wow rache, I needed this thanks.
put me more into perspective... maybe I'll be a little excited tomorrow morning

Bettina said...

:( bubble!! don't burst!! i;'m gna miss you a ton loads...i'l make sure to pray for u and get u down some fun pencils and things! hobbok *big hug* xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rache said...

matt, it sucks =(
chrissy, disco bathroom <3 lool
mina, babe it's the most amazing experience ever =D make the most out of it!!
bett, bubbbble sadness from my part =( but i shall be praying for everyone from this dump =P

i love you all <3

H1llz said...

Prayed for you loads, honestly thought of u and wished u could've been with us but remember you'll be with us next year <3

rache said...

how sweet hill.. I really hope so =/