Friday 5 December 2008

"I'm a thief"

Gooood morning humans =)
Ok so I was scrolling down my blog to get to the bottom when I realised that I have a picture up saying "I'M A THIEF" .. BAHAHA!! I got the picture of a crappy pc from the internet and it turned into a black and white statement >.<
SO it got me thinking, am I a thief?
Now I don't steal or anything don't get me wrong, but isn't theft about being dishonest? Am I totally honest with myself and everyone? Am I robbing myself off truths? Or worse, am I taking advantage of my position here? Not living well, glorifying Jesus in His rightful place?
Well, that got me thinking a bit more (quite a lot for 8am, huh?) if I live this life the way I want to, me in a selfish way, then how can I really be praising God 24/7? Is this really the life I want? Because personally I would rather live with nothing than without God. Fine, I'd complain- loads- but there's no doubt. I've realised through the years that nothing can make me happier than God's presence in my life. Yet I still hold on to so many earthly things. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to make anyone look bad here, but sometimes we really will be living our Christian life well and we unconsciously start to slip randomly. No one is perfect, but I for one need to keep holding on, and I'm sure everyone else does too.
And lastly- if I'm living for me and not for God, isn't that stealing the life He's given me?
So once again, I give my life to You, Lord. Take me, use me and save me. I'm Yours.

3 comments:

. said...

gohh brilliant rache..hehe made lots of sense :)
thanks
Gbu rache x x :D

maria angela said...

wow, amen rache!
God bless ya dearr
xxx
thanks for sharing ^^

Bettina said...

hahaha d first part made me laugh..i remember d photo u had up der! haha u are a thief illalu im finding this hilarious xD