Friday 22 June 2007

powerful water


Yesterday five of us rented a paddle boat and another three a canoe. The see was jam packed with jellyfish, imma full!! Literally, there were more jellyfish than fish (so I presume =P ) It was pretty damn cool being out there laughing like total losers and eventually I jumped on to a canoe. The only time I've ever canoed was once in summer camp 2004, but that was with jean sitting behind me and all we had done was hit boats with our oars XD So it really was a site seeing me freaking out over any tiny wave coming just incase I capsized into 'jellyfish-land'.. especially when the spead boat circled us and all the waves where everywhere!! I freaked out big time hehe, you see the only way to over come a wave is by going into it head on.. But when there are waves coming from all directions- there's no way you can go into one head on without hitting another from your side =S Uwija, so I was stuck like a total loser and all I could do was close my eyes and say "Jesus, PLEASE save me!" out loud over and over and some how; I didn't capsize =D After all that fun ( =P no really it was fun) we went back into the bay, and just when I thought that I was safe, bob tells me to hold onto his rope, I obeyed, a small wave turned me around and once I was pulling a rope, plop- I flipped over! I must say it was terribly hilarious but I was terrified. I jumped onto the canoe (upsidown by the way) and couldn't move. I got stung in quite a few places and all but not that badly so it was just really funny. But now it occured to me that life is sort of like that. Being surrounded by all those waves and telling Jesus to save me is like being drowned by problems and telling God that He's in control. And when I did capsize, it was because I didn't let go of bob's rope, like when we don't let go of a problem or a bad habit. Soooo, all we really have to do is put God in charge and we'll be fine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw hun its jean YES I READ! pff canoeing wothout me what wer u thinking? no but seriously loving the blog hun keep it up MWA!