Saturday 9 June 2007

carved on His palms


Today my sister was studying religion whilst I was baking one really buttery cake hehe. She was studying some question to do with the sabbath days of christians (sunday), jews (saturday) and muslims (friday). I asked her if she knew anything about the jews and muslims and obviously, she didn't. Uwija, I told her that the jews don't believe that Jesus is the messiah and the muslims follow the prophet mohammed and believe in allah. Then she asked why we all seem to have 'ALLA' on our palms. I told her that it doesn't mean anything and we don't actually have God writen on our palms in maltese. But I did tell her that God has our names written on His palms. Every single name of every single person that has died, is living and still has to be born. She was pretty damn impressed and is quite sure that God has really huge hands =P I also told her that if God was a normal everyday guy, He'd have her picture on His fridge. Then she asked if God does have a fridge so I told her that it was just an example and she said that she understood even though her expression showed nothing more than 'huh?'. Hopefully I didn't confuse her that much; I wouldn't want to get the blame if she failed a religion exam in grade 5 =P

No comments: